- Expert Member
- Joined 9 Jun 2010
Karen is a qualified Naturopath (ANTA accredited) and Reiki Practitioner with a holistic approach to healing and health. The use of liquid herbs, iridology, flower essences and vitamins are combined with dietary, lifestyle advice and Reiki to treat your mind, body, emotions.
Prior to discovering Naturopathy, Karen started her health journey with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Reiki I & II and a Certificate IV in Acupressure. She is passionate about Natural Health and brings forth her past achievements to holistically treat her individual clients, and their unique needs.
DID YOU KNOW?
That tannins in red wine & tea (black, green, oolong) and coffee reduce iron in the body by up to 60%? Not good if you are always tired, low in iron and are constantly reaching for another cuppa. If you take an iron supplement or generally have trouble absorbing iron, try to have your supplement at least two hours away from your coffee/tea and reduce the amounts of cups per day and note the difference to your energy levels!
WHAT IS NATUROPATHY?
Naturopathy is a holistic approach to wellness based on the principle that the body has the inherent ability to heal itself. This can be achieved using the healing power of nature and gentle therapeutic techniques. Before healing can occur, the initial cause of the disease must be identified and removed.
Treating the whole individual – mind, body, emotions - not just the affected area, and taking responsibility for one’s own health, all bring about harmony.
Naturopathy can be applied to almost any health condition, not only to treat existing conditions but as a preventative measure to maintain health and wellbeing.
A variety of treatment methods are used by Karen including:
* Herbal Medicine to help prevent and treat various illnesses - a liquid herbal tincture is a fast way to absorb herbs and their evidence-based success
* Dietary and Nutritional advice for restoration of balance, detoxification and prevention of disease
* Lifestyle advice to promote well-being and to reduce stress
* Flower Essences to enhance the emotional aspect of healing - a very gentle yet extremely effective treatment.
* Iridology to see underlying strengths and weaknesses in the individual
* Reiki to help clear blockages and assist with relaxation
Common conditions that can benefit from Naturopathy include:
* Stress, depression, anxiety,
* Women's care including fertility, menstrual disorders and menopause,
* Weight loss and detox programs,
* Asthma, hayfever, bronchitis, allergies and skin disorders,
* Arthritis, inflammatory conditions,
* Headaches and migraines,
* Sleeping difficulties such as insomnia,
* Irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive conditions
* High cholesterol
* Low immunity, frequent colds
* Colds and Flu prevention
* And many more…
A naturopathic approach will boost your immune system; restore balance and harmony to your body; help with a good night's sleep and leave you feeling energised.
Mention 'Use Nature' to receive a FREE Australian Bush Flower Essence mix with your initial consultation. For new clients only.
Call 0405 324 074 now or email [email protected] for more information, to make a booking and solve your health concerns TODAY.
***Health Rebates Available***
Level 1, 159a Glenferrie Road, Malvern, 3144, VIC, australia
KAREN O'DWYER - NATUROPATH & REIKI PRACTITIONER
Phone0405 324 074