Article by Brigitte Seum
Why does one home feel homey and welcoming, while another feels dull? Why can you sleep well in some bedrooms and badly in others?
It is more than just the physical features that make up a good home. Each home is subject to a unique set of energetic influences, which produce its feel.
Different qualities of energies, together with the home's colour schemes, can explain these variations. Each of the existent energies in a home belongs to one of the Feng Shui elements: WOOD, FIRE, EARTH, METAL or WATER.
There altogether exist 9 possible types of energies. 2 of these are very positive, filling a home with prosperous life force. However, another 2 are very negative, contributing to sickness, arguments and difficulties. The rest are somewhere in between.
The best Feng Shui results are achieved by letting the positive energies into a building and blocking the negative ones. Furthermore, the right use of colour can activate existent positive energies and reduce the impact of any negatives. Any of the more heavy homes I saw could have easily been improved with the right colours schemes!
Here are some of the ways of how different colours can affect an area, depending on the energies present there:
EARTH tones - yellow, beige and brown:
· The most radiant ‘wealth’ energy is an EARTH energy. It likes EARTH tones and is in harmony with these.
· The two most negative energies also belong to the EARTH element. These also thrive with EARTH tones, making their negative impact stronger and the area more heavy or irritating.
METAL tones - white, grey and metallic:
· Will weaken the power of the radiant ‘wealth’ energy (if not balanced otherwise).
· Will weaken the two negative EARTH energies and reduce their negative impact.
· Helps the WATER energies along and makes them stronger.
WATER tones - black and very dark blue:
· Is generally gentle & forgiving; but
· Can cause irritation with the EARTH element (if not balanced otherwise).
WOOD tones - greens and blue:
· Can help make the radiant FIRE energy stronger. This can make an area either more radiant, or it can make situations more explosive - depending on other energies present.
· Can worsen the potential for conflicts and lawsuits with certain energy combinations.
· Can agitate and stir up the two most negative EARTH energies.
· Can attack and weaken the most radiant ‘wealth’ energy.
FIRE tones - reds, orange, pink, purple:
· Can make the most radiant wealth energy stronger and more attractive.
· Can also make the two most negative energies stronger, causing even more sickness, irritation and negativity.
The quality of energy that each area of a home is subject to is dependent on the age and exact compass orientation as well as the layout of a home. It needs to be individually calculated for each home. Please, refer to the Soulspace Feng Shui for more information.
Soulspace conducts remote Feng Shui analysis, which will give you the exact information of how to decorate each room of a home and how to make it more radiant.
7 Aug 2010
Article/Information supplied by Brigitte Seum
Disclaimer - Any general advice given in any article should not be relied upon and should not be taken as a substitute for visiting a qualified medical Doctor.